Monday, July 20, 2009

my return to the work world......well, kind of.......

continuing my blogging procrastination.......
so i started a 10 hr/week job at stop & shop last week.......once unemployment money runs out (should be coming up within the month) we're going to need me to bring in some cash to cover bills.......we worked out that i need to bring home about $120/week........really not too bad at all.......i've already got $30 from teaching my monday morning gym class........so the 10 hrs at s&s will bring in $80 more.......only need maybe one more small gig a week or just need to readjust our spending somewhere so we're spending $10 less a week........
anyway, s&s isn't too bad.......i'm working mostly behind the service desk so it's different from in high school when i was a cashier.......feels a little "higher" in command.......not sure if that's in my head or not - not like i'm making more money than any of the cashiers in the front end.......there's a lot to keep us busy behind the desk - lottery, western union, money orders, bottle returns, product returns, cashing checks, and random things like rug doctor rentals.......it was an adjustment standing on my feet for 5 hours at a time, obviously because of the being 5+ months prego thing, but think i'm getting used to it........
in addition to the extra money, it gives my parents time with casey without me on thursdays and steve a night at home with her without me on tuesdays.......both of which are good things.......

No comments: