Saturday, October 18, 2008

my awesome birthday

ok so my "birthdays rock" post was written before my actual birthday - it was on thursday (16th).....so i was super looking forward to my birthday as i do every year.......well guess what?.......this year's day did rock....there was no one thing that made it great, just the whole day was really nice.......my parents came up as they usually do on thursdays and it was nice to see them.......went to the gym and had a good workout while they were watching casey......then they took me out for a nice lunch at which casey was very well behaved......steve cooked me one of my favorite dinners - spanish chicken & rice - a spicy fun meal featuring, yes you guessed it, both chicken and rice and um, i don't really know what else as it's normally steve's meal to make......he also got me some beautiful flowers and a night stay in newport for this coming tuesday......then the red sox had an awesome comeback from 7-0 down to win 8-7 in game 5 of the playoffs thus avoiding elimination (well technically they didn't win until after midnight, but i'm still taking birthday credit for it!)......and the best present of all was getting to spend the day with casey rather than being at work all day......i'm so happy and grateful i got laid off.......this is fantastic being able to be home with her.......something i've been thinking a lot about lately is from the movie sicko about health care in the united states versus in other countries and how bad we stack up as a nation.......there are some countries that let you stay home PAID for a year after you give birth.......that's really the way it should be.......no one should have to miss this to make their mortgage payment.......

No comments: